The MEST Africa Challenge (MAC) – a Pan-African pitch contest for early-stage technology startups seeking to ramp up traction and growth – is thrilled to bring even more excitement to early-stage entrepreneurs with startups based in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya, and South Africa.
In the fifth iteration of this prestigious competition, tech founders stand a chance to win the coveted USD 50,000 in equity, gain global recognition, and become part of MEST Africa’s lifelong supportive community.
The top five finalists for the 2023 MEST Africa Challenge are:
- Letaji (Kenya): Revolutionizing the construction industry, Letaji is an online marketplace streamlining the process of purchasing building materials. It connects homeowners, contractors, and hardware stores directly with top suppliers.
- Chestify AI (Ghana): This innovative platform enhances patient care by facilitating seamless connections and support among clinical professionals.
- OneHealth (Nigeria): At the forefront of health tech, OneHealth offers an integrated platform for virtual consultations, connecting patients with doctors and diagnostic centres, while managing prescriptions and test results online.
- Sanya (Senegal): A visionary in IT edutainment, Sanya creates a unique blend of educational and entertainment digital products, fostering a community-based approach to tech learning for companies.
- Koa Academy (South Africa): Pioneering the future of online education, Koa Academy stands at the forefront in South Africa with its innovative approach to digital learning.
The MAC finalists are expected to pitch for the winning prize money at the end of January 2024, an event that will be hosted by the flagship Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST).