Meet Ejide Akinbiyi, the visionary co-founder and CEO of MaterialsPro, an eProcurement platform that is simplifying the strenuous task of sourcing building materials, saving time and money for both home builders and contractors.
Wanting to drive innovation and make a strong impact on Africa’s construction market by addressing fragmentation in the sector, Ms. Akinbiyi launched MaterialsPro in 2021 as an on-demand eProcurement and supply chain platform for home builders and building contractors that provides convenient access to building materials, logistics and cost initiatives.
MaterialsPro is not the standard eCommerce site, but a platform specifically designed with the unique needs of the construction industry in mind. Users can enjoy:
- 24/7 online ordering: eliminating the constraint of office operating hours.
- eInvoicing and transaction history: a digital paper trail ensuring transparency and ease of record-keeping.
- B2B payments and analytics: making data-driven decisions with robust analytics.
The platform also allows for a level of control previously non-existing in the industry:
- Same-day, next-day, or scheduled delivery: enabling seamless project planning;
- Multiple site delivery: For those managing multiple projects, materials are delivered when and where required.